- Dress Codes– each class has its own unique dress code. Dress code is mandatory. We believe that the intent that goes into a dancer preparing for class leads to pride and attention to detail in class and an understanding of the importance of the traditions that we follow in dance. All students are required to wear proper shoes for the class they are attending and to pull ALL hair back away from their face.
- Twinkle BABIES-Twinkle Babies wear a skirted pink leotard, pink tights, pink ballet shoes and black tap shoes. Twinkle Babies will also have their own Twinkle Bear and the book “Twinkle Bear Goes to Ballet” available through Costume Manager.
- Twinkle STARS-Twinkle Stars wear a skirted lavender leotard, pink tights, pink ballet shoes and black tap shoes. Twinkle Stars will also have their own Twinkle Bear and the book “Twinkle Bear Goes to Ballet” available through Costume Manager.
- Ballet Levels 1-2 – Dancers in levels one through two will wear a pink leotard, a pink skirt, pink tights, pink ballet slippers and black tap shoes.
- Ballet Levels 3-4 – Dancers in levels three through four will wear a lavender or black cami style leotard, a lavender skirt and pink tights.
- Ballet Levels 5 and above – Dancers in levels five and above (Tween/Teen Ballet, Demi/Pointe) will wear a black or burgundy leotard, a burgundy skirt, pink tights and pink ballet slippers.
- Contemporary – Dancers in contemporary classes will wear a black cami unitard pink convertible or footless tights and a nude lyrical/modern dance shoe (Foot Undeez/Capezio).
- Jazz- Dancers in Jazz will wear a black cami unitard, convertible or footless tights, and nude jazz shoes.
- Hip Hop – Dancers in hip hop will wear black basketball shorts a Pointe of Dance hip hop shirt, or POD black logo shirt, and street shoes (preferably black converse high-tops).
*Students are required to wear appropriate attire and shoes to class with hair and bangs neatly pulled away from face.
*All dress code requirements are available for your convenience through Costumemanager.com.
- Attendance:Students are required to attend class on a regular basis to maintain technique and progression. Classes missed can be made up within the term. There is absolutely no refund for classes missed. Students are encouraged to arrive on time to class as not to disrupt class time.
- Tuition & Payment Options:Tuition is based on a 10 month dance season regardless of the amount of classes for that month. Tuition is due anytime between the 1st and 10th of each month and considered late after the 10th. Payments received after the 10th will incur a $15 late fee. We gladly accept checks, automatic account withdraw, Visa, Mastercard, and American Express. ALL accounts are required to have a credit card on file. If your account becomes delinquent at any time your credit card will be charged along with a $15 late fee. There are absolutely no refunds except in extreme circumstances. In the event of insufficient funds, funds will need to be made available by cash or cashier’s check along with an additional charge of $25.
- Dropping classes:If your student will be discontinuing class or classes we require a 30 day handwritten notice with payment of last month’s tuition.
- Holidays: The studio will be closed for Halloween, Thanksgiving break, Christmas break, Spring break, President’s Day and Memorial Day.
- Performances:Students are welcome but not obligated to perform in our annual Christmas Show in December & Summer Recital in June. There are several other performance opportunities throughout the dance season.
- Lobby Rules:Parents are welcome to view classes from our lobby area. Absolutely no food or drink is allowed in the lobby area other than water. We kindly ask that you keep our lobby area quiet and clean.
- Registration is through our website. Your annual registration and first month’s tuition are due at registration, and it is required at the time that you enroll in auto pay at that time as well. If you would like to make arrangements other than auto pay after your registration is complete, please come to the front desk at the studio to discuss arrangements. Some classes will require an additional fee at registration which is noted in the class description online.
- No food or drink is allowed in the lobby.
- Children/siblings not in classes must be supervised at all times by an adult. This includes outside and in the restroom.
- Please do not move furniture in the lobby.
- Please be quiet in the lobby. It is intended to be a peaceful place for parents to observe their children practice dance. If you or your child is using an electronic device to play a game or watch a movie, the device must be equipped with headphones, or the volume must be muted.
Liability Waiver RELEASE FROM LIABILITY, WAIVER OF CLAIMS & ASSUMPTION OF RISK By signing this Release, Waiver & Assumption of Risk, (the ‘Release’) I agree that Pointe of Dance Studio shall not be responsible for any injury suffered by the student (‘student’). The Release extends to Pointe of Dance Studio and its owners, officers, agents, instructors and employees (all of which are collectively referred to herein as ‘studio’). The Release extends to every claim, demand or liability of any kind based on any injury or damage described below. I understand that dance and cheerleading activities as conducted and taught at the studio have inherent risks of injury. These risks include muscle pain and pulls, broken bones, ankle injuries and other personal injury. I recognize that the student is exposing himself/herself to such risks when undertaking dance activities. I understand that these risks cannot by fully eliminated without jeopardizing the essential qualities of the activity. The student and I assume and accept all risks of injury or damages resulting from such dance activities. The student’s participation in this activity is purely voluntary, and the student elects to participate, and I join in that election, in spite of the risks. I also agree that the studio, including its owners, officials, agents, instructors and employees, is not responsible for any property loss or damage suffered by the student or any guests or parents of the student that results upon entry into or presence in the studio or its surrounding property. I further understand that I have been advised of the need for the student to be covered by adequate insurance to cover any injury or damage that may be suffered while participating, and I have obtained such insurance or have agreed to bear the costs of any such injury or damage myself.
By sending your registration form electronically through this website or through the parent portal, it is assumed by all parties that you have read and understand the above polices of Pointe of Dance Studio, and that you hold Pointe of Dance Studio and it’s employees and contracted teachers harmless in the event of injury to your child/charge.